Home Connie Faye :: About the Artist Connie Faye :: Sketch Cards Original Work Fan Art Archived Works Connie Faye :: Original Art Sales Prints @ Societ6 @ RedBubble @ Zazzle Commission Rates F.A.Q. ✉ Contact Me

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Retro Sexy Robot - Progress

I'm so happy to make some progress on this piece after the last two days of having no electricity. Monday morning we had a really bad storm that knocked the power out, ComEd's automated service estimated that restoration time would be Friday / Saturday. I was so upset and frustrated that it was going to take them that long, when I have so much I need to do that involves working in photoshop. Cyphan & GenCon are really just around the corner and that was going to put a serious dent in my time table. I found out from Pam, one of the cashiers at Jewel, that ComEd was bringing in crews from other cities to help get the power back on.

Tuesday at about 1130p the ComEd truck was on our street scouting our power lines, I think everyone on the block was outside watching, waiting and hoping.



I know it's a little different for me, but I really think it sums up a majority of the artistic influences of my youth, Patrick Nagel, Classic Pinup, Soryama's Sexy Robot, Xanadu and Flash Gordon from 1957 (the first real scifi I was exposed to as a kid, I used to watch it every Sunday morning).




Desk - 07142011

2 comments: